ANZ Banking Corporation
ANZ dates back over 175 years. They are committed to building lasting partnerships with their customers, shareholders and communities in 32 countries in Australia, New Zealand, throughout Asia and the Pacific, and in the Middle East, Europe and America.
ANZ provide a range of banking and financial products and services to around 8 million customers. We employ 48,000 people worldwide.
We provide competitively priced finance deals that you can see when you apply for finance here.
ANZ aims to become a super-regional bank. This involves growing their presence in the Asia Pacific region and to source 25-30% of earnings from The Asia Pacific Europe and America Division by 2017, while also being very focused on growth in their core domestic businesses in Australia and New Zealand .ANZ have a coherent strategy to drive competitive advantage:
• Balanced exposure to Asia’s growth
• Regional connectivity
• Growing financial services market
• Strong domestic markets
Building super regional capabilities
• Bench strength/talent
• Technology operations hubs
• Global core brand
• Governance and risk management
• Building leading product capability
• Deep understanding of customer needs
• Resources, agribusiness, infrastructure
• Trade and investment flows
• Migration/people flows/education
If you want to see how we compare you can contact our industry professionals for more information.
Facts About ANZ
- ANZ traces its origins to the Bank of Australasia, which opened its first office in Sydney in 1835. The bank established a Melbourne office in 1838, where ANZ’s world headquarters is located today at 833 Collins Street, Melbourne.
- ANZ is a publicly listed company, and was incorporated on 14 July 1977 in Australia. Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited is the main holding and operating company for the Group and our registered office is ANZ Centre, Level 9, 833 Collins Street, Docklands, Victoria, Australia.
- ANZ is one of the five largest and most successful listed companies in Australia, and are the number one bank in New Zealand.
- ANZ have assets of AU$531.74 billion (as at 30 September 2010).
- ANZ operate in more than 32 countries across Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific, Europe, Dubai, USA and Asia including our technology and operations centre in Bangalore, India.
- ANZ have 411,692 shareholders (excludes employees whose only ANZ shares are held in trust under ANZ Employee share schemes).
- ANZ shares and related securities are listed on the Australian and New Zealand exchanges.
- ANZ have around 8 million customers worldwide.
- Our independent Customer Advocate is committed to resolve particularly difficult personal and small business customer complaints.
- ANZ employ more than 48,000 people around the world.
- ANZ are striving towards a culture where all activities are based on living the ANZ values.
- ANZ regularly measure the level of engagement of our employees globally.
- ANZ employee engagement score is currently 64%.
- ANZ are leading the way in Australia on financial literacy and inclusion.
- The Saver Plus program has been recognised as one of the most successful of its kind in the world.
- ANZ also seek to use our resources and skills to contribute solutions to some of the challenges facing communities.
In 2010, ANZ was assessed as the world’s most sustainable bank by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth consecutive year ANZ’s global headquarters, ANZ Centre, was recognised as a ‘world leader’ in environmentally sustainable design by the Green Building Council of Australia.
At Yes Loans we say YES more often, all you need to do is apply.
ANZ Group Archive is the Melbourne-based repository for ANZ’s archives; a separate repository is also based in Wellington, New Zealand. ANZ’s archives are recognised as a collection of international significance providing information on the economic, social, political, family and local history of Australia and New Zealand spanning the last 170 years.
The archive was established in 1951 with the formation of Australia and New Zealand Bank Limited. The collection focus is restricted to the records of the administration of ANZ and its predecessors and does not include customer records. The collection is predominantly paper-based and comprises minutes, reports, correspondence, legal documents, accounting records, personnel records, photographs, architects’ drawings, audio-visual recordings and other artifacts.
Holdings include records of the following major forebears:
- Bank of Australasia (1835-1951);
- The Union Bank of Australia Ltd (1837-1951);
- The English, Scottish and Australian Bank Ltd (1852-1970);
- Australia and New Zealand Bank Ltd (1951-1970);
The proposed interim dividend is 46 cents per ordinary share, fully franked.
Over the last four years ANZ has seen its net interest income increase steadily from $3,231 million in September 05 to $ 4,822 million up to March 2009.
ANZ’s service range includes various Loans products catering to personal, small business and corporate needs.
On a personal banking level, the bank offers among other products:
- Residential investment loans (including variable and fixed rate loans, introductory rate loans in addition to specific features such as – interest-in-advance and mortgage offset accounts)
- Personal loans (to Loans home renovations, household goods etc.)
- Car loans (financing a vehicle using the car as security0
- Graduate loans (Loans for final year students & recent graduates)
- ‘ANZ Assured’ (attaching a small credit limit to an account)
- Insurance (property, travel, credit card, loan protection, car f. ex.)
In terms of small business Loans products, ANZ’ spectrum entails:
- Business transaction accounts (tailored for various monthly numbers of transactions, interest bearing accounts etc.)
- Business investment accounts (accessible funds generating differing interests based on amounts invested etc.)
- Business Loans (short-term or long-term loans and Loans solution to aid in developing of new or expanding businesses.
- Business credit cards (offering a range of rewards and interest rates)
Additionally ANZ offers diverse Loans products for corporate interests such as:
- Financing (Cash flow, loans, trade etc.)
- Transaction Services (E-solutions, accounts & structuring, credit cards, EFTPOS products)
- Investing (Investment accounts, managed funds & structured investment products)
- International Services and FX (Trade Loans, foreign exchange, risk management and hedging products for importing and exporting)
We believe that helping people get finance when they need it by local people is an important part of our business. Learn more about Yes Loans.
- Named 2013 Bank of the Year in Asia Pacific, Australia, Laos and Cambodia by The Banker magazine
- Awarded the 2013 CANSTAR Best Value Australia Agribusiness Award for the fourth consecutive year
- Named Business Bank of the Year by Money magazine
- Established new branch in Hangzhou, the capital and the largest city of Zhejiang Province in Eastern China
- Pledged AUD1 billion to support small business start-ups in Australia
- Reached one million registered customers on ANZ goMoney
- Launched ANZ goMoney mobile banking app in the Pacific
- Ranked the most sustainable bank globally in the 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the sixth time in seven years
- Extended our global brand campaign, sponsoring the 2013 Shanghai Rolex Masters as part of a five-year Diamond Partnership
- Won the ‘Community’ award at the MoneySmart Week Awards in Australia
- Received approval from The People’s Bank of China to act as a market maker for AUD-CNY direct trading on the China Foreign Exchange Trading System.
- Received Retail Renminbi (RMB) license from the China Banking Regulatory Commission, becoming the first Australian bank to receive this licence in China
- Opened a branch office in Labuan International Business & Financial Centre in Malaysia, for institutional and corporate customers
- Awarded Bank of the Year and Home Lender of the Year in Australia by Money Magazine
- Launched Banking on Australia, a five-year AU$1.5 billion program that includes branch transformation and greater focus on improving the customer experience
- Brought together the ANZ and The National Bank brands in New Zealand and completed a major program move to a single technology platform.
- Ranked the most sustainable bank globally in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth time in six years
- Moneyminded – ANZ’s flagship adult financial education program – rolled out in India, Indonesia, Vietnam, Solomon Islands and Timor Leste
- Received approval to open a representative office in Myanmar.
Received approval to be a member of the Shanghai Futures Exchange, becoming the second foreign bank in China authorised to trade gold futures Launched first global ANZ brand campaign Commenced banking operations in India with the opening of first ANZ branch in Mumbai Signed strategic cooperation agreement with China Eximbank Received CANSTAR CANNEX award for delivering ‘best value’ to agribusiness customers three years in a row Opened new operations hub in Chengdu, China Named Employer of Choice for Women by the Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Agency (EOWA) Opened dedicated regional business centre in central New South Wales.
- Opened dedicated Regional Business Centre in Bendigo, Victoria
- Achieved leading global bank ranking in Dow Jones Sustainability Index for fourth year in a row
- Increased investment in China’s Bank of Tianjin and Shanghai Rural Commercial Bank
- Received foreign bank licence in-principle approval in India
- Launched GoMoney mobile banking app
- Announced intention to establish an operations centre in Chengdu to support growth in China
- Launched new Chinese brand name and tagline in Taiwan, to be progressively rolled our across Greater China subject to regulatory approvals
- ANZ’s locally incorporated bank commenced operation in China
- Received CANSTAR CANNEX award for delivering best value to small business customers
- OnePath™ replaces ING as the name and brand for ANZ’s specialist funds management and life insurance businesses in Australia and New Zealand
- Opened new sub-branch in ZhongGuanCun, Beijing
- Completed acquisition of the Royal Bank of Scotland retail, wealth, private banking and commercial businesses in Indonesia, Singapore, and Hong Kong
- Opened new main branch and head office in Shanghai
- Expanded wealth management services in Japan through new sub-branch in Nagoya
- Received approval to establish Chongqing branch in Western China
- Received licence allowing ANZ to operate as a full bank in Singapore
- Launched ANZ Signature Priority Banking in Hong Kong
- Received the CANSTAR CANNEX* Innovation Excellence Award for joint initiative with the University of Sydney and Visa to deliver a student identification (ID) card that doubles as a Visa reloadable prepaid card
- Receives preparatory approval for local incorporation in China from the China Banking Regulatory Commission
- Received CANSTAR CANNEX award for delivering ‘best value’ to agribusiness customers
- Completed acquisition of the Landmark Financial Services loan and deposit books from AWB Group
- Opened new sub-branch in XinTianDi, Shanghai.
- Opened new operations hub in Manila, the Philippines.
- Achieved leading global bank ranking in Dow Jones Sustainability Index for third year in a row
- Completed the sale of our Custodian Services business in Australia and New Zealand to J.P. Morgan
- Completed acquisition of Royal Bank of Scotland Group business in The Philippines and Vietnam
- Opened tenth branch in Vietnam, in Ho Chi Minh City
- Opened our first rural bank in western China making ANZ the first Australian bank, and one of the first international banks, to enter China’s rural market
- Opened new Beijing branch office in China Central Place (CCP) in Chaoyang District
- Completed acquisition of ING Group’s 51% shareholding in the ANZ-ING wealth management, life insurance and advice joint ventures in Australia and New Zealand
- Launched our new global brand and tagline – ‘We live in your world’
- Officially opened new global headquarters in Melbourne’s Docklands precinct
- Officially opened new flagship branch and Papua New Guinea headquarters in Port Moresby’s Harbour City precinct
- Opened the third ANZ branch in China, in Guangzhou
- Awarded “Socially Responsible Bank of the Year” by Money magazine and CANSTAR CANNEX
- Received CANSTAR CANNEX Innovation Excellence Awards for two of its latest market leading products, the ANZ Online Investment Account and SmartyPig
- Opened City Central branch in Adelaide CBD in South Australia’s most energy-efficient building
- Esanda Finance Corporation Limited (Esanda), ANZ’s specialist asset finance business, transitioned from a wholly owned subsidiary to a Division of ANZ
- Named an Employer of Choice for Women by the Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Agency (EOWA) for seventh consecutive year.
- Received licence for incorporation in Vietnam
- Launched mobile phone banking and banking for iPhone
- Launched ANZ Transactive, a web-based cash management platform for institutional, corporate and business banking clients
- Achieved leading global bank ranking in Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the second year in a row
- Opens new regional hub office in Hong Kong for business expansion throughout Asia
- Obtained trading membership from the Shanghai Gold Exchange, making it one of only four foreign banks permitted to trade gold in the China market
- Launched ANZ Tower in the central business district of Jakarta, Indonesia, including a flagship branch that provides a full range of services to customers.
- Appointed Mike Smith as Chief Executive Officer
- Achieved leading global bank ranking in Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- Finalised acquisition of E*TRADE Australia
- Completes investment in Malaysia’s AMMB Holdings Berhad, China’s Shanghai Rural Commercial Bank, Vietnam’s Saigon Securities Incorporation and ANZ Vientiane Commercial Bank, Laos.
- Completed 20% investment in China’s Tianjin City Commercial Bank
- Achieves Top 3 ranking on Corporate Responsibility Index.
- Launched strategic alliance with Sacombank, Vietnam
- Opens representative office in Noumea, New Caledonia.
- Announced agreement with Royal Group to establish joint venture bank in Cambodia.
- Acquired National Bank of New Zealand from Lloyds TSB
- Entered credit card joint venture with Metrobank, Philippines
- Released Australia’s first survey of adult financial literacy.
- Formed joint venture with ING Group for funds management and life insurance business in Australia and New Zealand
- One millionth customer registers for ANZ Internet Banking in Australia
- Acquired Bank of Hawaii operations in Fiji, Vanuatu and Papua New Guinea.
- Acquired 75% of Bank of Kiribati
- ANZ Timor Leste opens.
- Sold Grindlays businesses in the Middle East and South Asia, and associated Grindlays Private Banking business to Standard Chartered
- Granted local currency (Renminbi) licence from the People’s Bank of China.
- ANZ Internet Banking launched
- Announced strategic alliance with E*Trade Australia for online share trading service
- Purchased Amerika Samoa Bank.
- Acquired stake in PT Panin Bank, Indonesia.
- ANZ Phone Banking launched
- Official opening of Beijing branch, China
- Bank of Western Samoa changes its name to ANZ Bank (Samoa).
- www.anz.com launched
- Opened second Vietnamese branch at Ho Chi Minh City.
- Opened a commercial banking branch in Manila, Philippines, the first Australian and New Zealand bank to do so.
- Joint venture established with PT Panin Bank, Indonesia
- Opened a branch in Hanoi and a representative office in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Opened a branch in Shanghai and a representative office in Guangzhou, China
- Started operations in Tonga.
- Acquired 75 per cent of Bank of Western Samoa
- Opened representative office in the Philippines.
- Acquired National Mutual Royal Bank Limited
- Acquired Lloyds’ operations in Papua New Guinea
- Acquired Bank of New Zealand’s operations in Fiji
- Acquired Town and Country Building Society in Western Australia.
- Purchased PostBank from New Zealand Government.
- Opened branch in Rarotonga, Cook Islands
- Opened branch office in Paris, France.
- Acquired Barclays’ operations in Fiji and Vanuatu
- Received full commercial banking licence and opens branch in Frankfurt, Germany
- Announced ANZ Singapore Limited
- Opened representative office in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Purchased Grindlays Bank.
- Singapore and New York representative offices upgraded to branch status.
- Acquired the Bank of Adelaide.
- ANZ incorporated in Australia (transfer from UK).
- NZ (PNG) established.
- Opened representative office in Malaysia.
- In what was then the largest merger in Australian banking history, ANZ Bank merged with the English, Scottish and Australian Bank Limited to form the present organisation, Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited
- Started operations in Vanuatu.
- Established representative office in Tokyo, Japan.
- Opened office in New York, USA.
- Started operations in Honiara, Solomon Islands.
- The Bank of Australasia merged with the Union Bank of Australia to form ANZ Bank.
- The English, Scottish and Australian Bank established.
- The Union Bank of Australia was established.
- ANZ began in London when The Bank of Australasia was established under Royal charter.
Information sourced from ANZ website and history
Now that you know a bit about ANZ you can try our streamlined application process where you fill in one form and we help you get pre-approval without the headache. For the most competitive loans, people choose Yes Loans.